Tutorial math and reading software for elementary and secondary arithmetic, basic math, algebra, geometry, precalculus plus GED, ABE, and CLEP preparation.
"When are we ever going to use this?"
Most students will ask, "When are we ever going to use this?"
The better question to ask is, "Will we ever get to use this ?" which is a much more positive way of looking at this age-old question. Students may not use quadratic equations in their future but here are some to-the-point answers from which discussions can spring.
Maximize Human Potential through the study of Math
* Critical thinking
* Attention to detail
* Categorize "Easy, Medium, Hard?"
* Making Connections to other concepts
* Interpreting and reading graphs
* Financial Independence
* Tools for Decision Making
* Keeping America Competitive
Build Useful Life Skills
* Expand Career Choices
* Boost Confidence
* Learn Thinking Skills and Persistence
* Be a valuable employee
"When Are We Ever Going To Use This Math?"
* Have a marketable skill set
* Develop a quicker mind
* Higher Test Performance
* Be productive/knowledgeable citizens
* Maximizing Opportunities and Economic Potential
* Work ethic / perseverance
* Decision making re: housing, retirement, medical issues
* Wider range of college majors